Japanese Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism:
Provisional Accreditation Regulations for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism Therapists
Article 1: The Japanese Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism (hereinafter referred to as "the Society"), prior to establishing a clinical nutrition and metabolism therapist system, will implement a provisional accreditation system for accrediting any person with the qualification of NST therapist who has met the specified conditions established by the Society, to be certified as clinical nutrition and metabolism therapist according to his/her experience and achievements.
The provisional accreditation period will be from February 2020 to the end of the 2024 Ordinary General Meeting of Employees. This period will be five (5) years for clinical nutrition and metabolism therapists. From the end of the 2024 Ordinary General Meeting of Employees onward, the therapists will be deemed to be fully accredited clinical nutrition and metabolism therapists.
Article 2: Accreditation under this provisional accreditation and qualification system covers the diseases and fields indicated below. Persons can apply for accreditation in only one (1) field. However, one can change the field by submitting an application. For acquired fields, a person will renew accreditation in the same field after the provisional accreditation period.
1) Cancer therapist, 2) lung disease therapist, 3) liver disease therapist,
4) kidney disease therapist, 5) rehabilitation therapist, 6) home care therapist,
7) pediatric therapist, 8) dysphagia therapist, 9) perioperative care and emergency and intensive care therapist
Article 3: Provisional Accreditation of Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism Therapists
The requirements in 1 to 3 below must be met.
1. At the time of application, the person is a qualified NST therapist, and renewal of the NST therapist qualification has been approved at least once (at least 5 years have passed) since the qualification was acquired.
2. During the period from acquisition of NST therapist qualification to application for this accreditation, the person made at least one presentation (as lead presenter) relating to the acquired field at a Society academic meeting.
3. The person has paid the annual membership fee.
Article 4: Persons who wish to acquire provisional accreditation as a clinical nutrition and metabolism therapist should download the application documents from the website (https://www.jspen.or.jp/), attach copies of documents proving that the applicable conditions have been met, and submit the documents to the Accreditation and Qualification System Committee (hereinafter referred to as "the Committee").
Where to Submit Documents
Secretariat, Japanese Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism
Accreditation and Qualification System Committee
Kisuke Nihonbashi-Muromachi Building (4F)
4-4-3 Nihonbashi-Muromachi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0022, JAPAN
Tel: +81-3-6263-2580; Fax: +81-3-6263-2581
-Application for provisional accreditation as clinical nutrition and metabolism therapist
-Resume of applicant for "provisional accreditation as clinical nutrition and metabolism therapist"
-Certificate of renewal of NST therapist qualification within the period of validity (photocopy)
-Program or abstract (photocopy) that can prove presentation as lead presenter at a Society academic meeting relating to acquired field
Submit each of the above.
Article 5: If a person has passed the provisional accreditation review and wishes to be accredited, the Committee, using the specified accreditation application sent by the applicant, will confirm that the accreditation fee has been paid and then issue a certificate of accreditation. The accreditation fee will be 5,000 yen.
Article 6: These Regulations may be changed by resolutions of both the Committee and Board of Directors.
1. These Provisional Accreditation Regulations came into effect on November 16, 2018.
2. The provisional accreditation application process started in May 2019.
3. These Regulations were revised on May 30, 2022.