Accredited Educational Institutions: Practical Clinical Training Notification System
As based on Article 10 of the Educational Institution Accreditation System Rules, supervisors of practical clinical training must submit a practical training plan for the following year during December of the current year.
The application period for training implemented from December 1, 2022 to December 31, 2023 will be, in principle, from December 1, 2022 to January 31, 2023. The institution implementing the training must submit the following information using the specified form: (1) period (no longer than about one year), (2) training curriculum, and (3) supervisor's name. Institutions submit the current schedule which may be changed at a later date. <<Practical Clinical Training List>>
[Procedures for Applying, Review, Training, and Issuance of Certificates of Completion]
(1) Download the documents indicated below.
(2) Submit (by registered mail) [Form (1)] Practical Clinical Training Notification and [Form (2)] Curriculum Plan for Practical Clinical Training to the Accreditation and Qualification System Committee (hereinafter referred to as "the Committee").
[Form (1)] Practical Clinical Training Notification
– Fill in the date of submission
– The seal used for the name of the institution director must be the official seal of the institution
– The form must be signed by the supervisor of the practical clinical training and his/her seal must be affixed
– The training period must be no longer than about one year
[Form (2)] Curriculum Plan for Practical Clinical Training
* Curriculum guidelines
– As "Practical training = Actual hands-on training", the "Lecture" time must be kept to within 16 hours, or about 40% of the practical training.
– If you assign time to "Other", fill in the details of "Other" in the "Other curriculum description" field
– Because "Other" should be used for activities that do not apply to the four categories listed above, such as "Participation in NST Committee", assign only a few hours to the "Other" category. Also, if any activity corresponds to multiple items, assign it to the most applicable item. For example, time for an activity such as "Reading medical records before and after hospital rounds/review meetings" can be divided and allocate each time to both "Hospital rounds" and "Review meetings".
– The total time of practical clinical training must consist of 40 hours or more of training time
* The separate training time specified by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare for practical clinical training must be as follows:
– Assign only 1 or 2 hours under "M: Other" for activities that do not apply to items A to L, and assign to the closest item as possible of A to L
– The "separate training time specified by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare" is specified as 40 hours or more.
(3) The Committee will review [Forms (1) and (2)] and after approval, the Society Secretariat will send notification of approval by post (e-mail). At the same time, the scheduled training will be posted on the Society website. Do not start the training before approval is granted. Certificates of completion cannot be issued for training that starts before approval is granted.
(4) The accredited educational institution can start to receive applications for practical clinical training (website, etc.)
[40 Hours of Practical Clinical Training: From Start to Completion]
(5) After practical clinical training is completed, submit (by registered mail) [Form (3)-1 and 2] Overall Report and Curriculum, [Form 4] Individual Report, and [Form (5)] Practical Clinical Training Application to the Committee.
(6) The Committee will review [Forms (3), (4), and (5)], and after approval, provide notification of review results, and issue "Certificates of Completion for Practical Clinical Training" that will be sent to responsible personnel at the institution. * After submission of [Forms (3), (4), and (5)], about two weeks are required for the Committee to receive, review, and approve the forms, and then issue "Certificates of Completion for Practical Clinical Training".
(7) "Certificates of Completion for Practical Clinical Training" (issued by the JSPEN President) will be sent by mail from the accredited education institution to personnel who have completed training.
The "Case Report" system has been discontinued as a part of the Nutrition Support Team Therapist Accreditation System due to the newly implemented system. Personnel who have completed practical clinical training that started on or before November 30, 2021 must apply for an examination by submitting the former case report form (download below).
After introduction of the new system, with a "Certificate of Completion for Practical Clinical Training" issued by the Society as proof of having completed 40 hours of training, it is regarded as fulfillment of the conditions for submitting a "Case Report" for the examination application.
* Click here for Q&A regarding 40 hours of practical training
Formats of Submitted Documents
Download using the links below.
Use the most recent versions of the forms.
[Address to send forms]
Japanese Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism
Kisuke Nihonbashi-Muromachi Building (4F)
4-4-3 Nihonbashi-Muromachi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0022, JAPAN
* Indicate "Notification documents for practical clinical training" on the front of the envelope before sending.